The guidelines below govern the moderation of comments on articles. We aim to encourage intelligent discourse, so the comments section is both useful and inviting for all participants.
By posting on BitcoinSG.net, you agree to the following:
1. You may comment without registering. You can log-in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
2. You may post anonymously. We don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. We may change this rule if it is abused.
3. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, we would rather receive your comments on our blog than via email. It is a better use of our time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
4. You may disagree with us. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with us—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
5. We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is our blog. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
6. You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on BitcoinSG.net, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
7. You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.